Been a while since my last post (about a year!), but that’s what happens when you venture off into the hills of Exchange…
Anyway, I thought I’d put this one up as I reminder to myself as much as anything else. The web client is kind-of-cool:
- On the VCenter on Windows system, mount the .iso for VCenter 5 (perhaps after installing VMware tools).
- You should get an auto run menu that looks like the following:
- Select the VMware VSphere Web Client Server and install it. Its pretty quick.
- Open up a browser on the VCenter on Windows server and point to https://localhost:9443/admin-app
- Once open you now need to register or authorize the VCenter server. You should see the VSphere Web Client Administration tool. Please ensure that Adobe Flash is pre-installed!
- Select Register VCenter Server and supply the VCenter server name or IP, a user name and password. Then simply select register.
- Click ignore on any certificate warnings
- You should see your server listed as registered!
- Jump onto a client machine (Windows 7 etc.) and open a browser.
- Type the following to connect to the VSphere Web Server: https://VSphere-DNS-Name:9443/vsphere-client. Login with your AD credentials and have fun!