This error may appear when you try to run the discovery process using the Xenapp6 evaluation VHD. I was using the VHD on Hyper-V and decided to change over to VMWare VSphere. I managed to convert the virtual machine to be used on VMWare (using the Standalone Converter http://downloads.vmware.com/d/info/infrastructure_operations_management/vmware_vcenter_converter_standalone/5_0). That worked fine but the problems started when trying to use XenApp 6 on a VM hosted on Vsphere. I tried using the local Administrator account (the one used to create the original image) but could not run the discovery process using Citrix Delivery Services Console. I then tried this:
- Logon as the local Administrator
- Try to run the discovery process
- If it fails (as it did for me) open a command console
- Change directory to the following path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\Independent Management Architecture
- Type the following command: dsmaint config /user:administrator /pwd:Evaluation1 /dsn:"c:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\Independent Management Architecture\mf20.dsn"
- For the password use your local administrator account password
- You will see the following output:
Attempting to connect to the data store with new configuration settings.
Successfully connected to the data store.
Configuration successfully changed.
Please restart the IMA Service for changes to take effect.
- Open Services in Admin Tools and stop the Citrix Independent Management Architecture
- Using the same command console type the following command: dsmaint recreatelhc
- Now restart the Citrix Independent Management Architecture service
- Try the discovery process again and it should work!