- Outlook 2007 clients can download OABs by connecting to a web service on the Exchange Server (virtual directory)
- Outlook 2003 and earlier clients have to download OABs from a system public folder.
To create an OAB that relys on web based distribution try the following cmdlet:
[PS] New-OfflineAddressBook -Name "Trainers Starting with A OAB" -AddressLists "Trainers Starting with A"
Once the OAB has been created you can define which OAB users should receive. You can do this in two ways:
- Attach an OAB to a mailbox database
- [PS] Set-MailboxDatabase -Identity "DB1" -OfflineAddressBook "Trainers Starting with A"
2. Specify an OAB for particular users
- [PS] Set-Mailbox "Andrew Stevens" -OfflineAddressBook "Trainers Starting with A"